Looking for an in-depth introduction to aromatherapy with hands-on instruction and personal guidance?
The Aromatherapy Beginner’s Course is an in-depth introduction of the art and science of aromatherapy that includes live class and independent study.
This 100-hour course is designed to provide basic competency in the history, botany, identification, organoleptics, chemistry, quality assessment, safety, usage, formulation, and therapeutics of essential oils and products containing them, as well as basic competency in essential oil-containing product creation techniques.
It is perfect for practitioners from a variety of fields to gain a solid foundation in how to use essential oils safely and effectively in their professional and home lives.
In your explorations you will discover:
20 essential oils and get to know them intimately
12 body systems, their functions, and major pathology as it applies to essential oils
How and why plants make these essential oils
How humans have learned to extract them
The integration of aromatherapy into herbal remedies
How aromatherapy works on the mind and how to use this for healing
How to use aromatherapy holistically for yourself and others
The fun and exciting world of essential oil chemistry!
How to make all kinds of aromatic creations (safely!)
Your creative expression in blending with aromatics
What it takes to be the best aromatherapist you can be
But most importantly, you will discover:
A deep well of knowledge within yourself that can open you to greater healing.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Present a working knowledge of how to use aromatic extracts for greater health and healing.
- Clearly explain what essential oils are, how they work, and how we use them.
- Integrate aromatherapy into another allied profession or career.
- Understand the appropriate use of essential oils and when to turn to other types of alternative medicine.
- Apply your knowledge and experience in blending and product formulation.
Course Dates for 2018:
January 27/28, February 17/18, March 24/25, and April 21/22
All independent study projects will be due by June 30th, 2018.
The fee for this course is $1295.
A $500 non-refundable deposit reserves your space, the remainder will be due by the first workshop.
Save $200 when you pay in full by 12/31, for a final price of $1095.
Discounts on Continuing Education
Upon completion of this course, students can continue their education with us and receive:
- $300 off our Aromatherapy Practitioner Course (200-hours of home-study)
- $500 off our Aromatherapy Practitioner Training Program (425-hours of live classes and home-study)
This course is non-refundable due to copyright (student will sign a non-disclosure agreement before the course material can be sent that reflects this). We offer replacement for goods damaged in transit only. If you are unsure, please contact us to be sure the course is a good fit for you.